The last two sessions of the weekly series “Jesus at the Movies” have seen steadily larger crowds, for which I am certainly thankful (but for which I am in no way responsible). For those of you unable to attend but still thirsting for cinematic and scholarly knowledge, here are the notes from the sessions (in which we discussed Denys Arcand’s Jesus of Montreal and Nicholas Ray’s King of Kings, respectively):
- A Sad Sign of the Times
- Theological Reflections on Health Care
- New from SBL: Five More Titles…
- Ritual and Certainty
- It’s Been a Busy Few Weeks…
- RBL Highlights: 11/15/09
- RBL Highlights: 11/7/09
- How Could I Have Missed These???
- The Concise Dictionary of Classical Hebrew
- New from SBL: Hermeneutics, Protofeminism, and John
© 2006-2009, Matthew Burgess. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of the original content of this website is strictly prohibited. Quotations or citations should include a link to this website. The views and opinions given here are my own and do not represent those of the University of Virginia (or anyone else, for that matter).